Advertising is essential for any business, but especially for a law firm that is looking for more clients. However, times have changed, and it is now not enough just to advertise in the local phonebook. In fact, around 97% of people turn to google when they need legal services. With more and more of the world going digital, especially during the coronavirus pandemic, it is more important than ever that your law firm has a successful advertising strategy.
SEO, or search engine optimization, is one of the best ways to ensure your website gets noticed online. It is the process of grooming your online presence so that it ranks higher in search engines. It is so important that, as a law firm, you make sure your website is SEO optimized, as you are much more likely to get leads with a good website.
Here are some basic tips to make sure your law firm website is SEO optimized:
Pick the right law firm keywords
SEO is built on keywords, and you need to make sure your website is full of the right words in order to ensure that your page ranks highly in search engines. For example, a potential client may search the phrase ‘Family Law Firm’. If your website includes this and similar phrases a number of times, it is likely to appear quite high up in a results page, and will therefore boost the leads to your website. You don’t want to overuse keywords, as this can harm your rankings.
Here are some good keywords you should consider using on your law firm website, depending on the area of law you specialize in: ‘personal injury lawyer, family law, family lawyer… etc.’
In order to make sure that you choose the right keywords, some of the tips that you should follow include:
- Invest in the right software that will help you find keywords that are relevant to your specialty
- Remember that keywords are going to change on a regular basis, so it is important for your firm to optimize around the current keywords that will help you increase your online visibility
- Keep in mind that some keywords have a lot of competition and others do not, so try to target keywords with less competition
It is also helpful for you to partner with a trainer professional who can handle keyword research and optimization for you when you are busy with cases or other legal obligations.
Make technical improvements to your website
One of the best ways to ensure your website is more SEO friendly is to ensure that it is secure, speedy and user-friendly. U.S consumers expect your site to be secure, and many will not stay on for your website for long if it takes a while to load. Your website can look incredibly pretty, but if it doesn’t work, it will never help your website.
- Furthermore, if you want to make sure that you generate a lot of traffic, then you need to reduce your bounce rate. This is the rate at which people try to load your site but leave because it takes too long. Make sure that you:
Add a menu to make it easier for people to find what they are looking for
- Partner with a strong hosting service to expedite your load times
- Check the technical specifications of your site regularly and make improvements as your site grows and your needs change
These simple tips can go a long way toward improving your online traffic.
Start creating SEO friendly content
A website advertising your law services may not be enough to attract clients to your page. It is important that you create content that will attract potential clients, such as blog posts highlighting different reasons to get a family lawyer. While reading these blog posts, the reader may look at different parts of your website, and then become a client.
A blog on your website doesn’t have to be too fancy, but you should try and post fairly regularly. A blog not only boosts your SEO rankings, but can also help build trust with clients. Although a blog on your site can be simple, it is important to note that the higher the quality of your blog, the higher it will rank on search engines.
The ideal blog post should be:
- SEO optimized
- Have great and unique images
- Be well-worded and easily understandable
Furthermore, consider adding content that is relevant to the local area. It doesn’t have to be related to law; however, covering local events or highlighting your presence in the local community can help you draw more traffic from your local area. This is an important part of something called Local SEO, which can help you land at the top of Google rankings for terms that have you town name or zip code in them.
Get help from a professional
SEO optimization is not something that can be done quickly. If you are finding yourself overwhelmed by SEO, it may be worth hiring a professional law firm SEO company, as they will be able to optimize your website for you. This article has only covered a few basic SEO tips, but it should help you get the process of SEO optimizing your law firm’s webpage.
- Some of the main benefits of partnering with a SEO professional include:
- Access to the latest software and techniques that can improve online visibility
- More leads, online traffic, and conversions thanks to websites that have been optimized for SEO
- Save time by hiring a trained, third-party specialist to handle your digital marketing
Given the rapid growth of the online world, it is important for all lawyers to make sure that approach their law firm like a business. This is where a trained digital marketing professional can be helpful.